Friday, January 1, 2021

Setting 2021 Genealogy Research Goals

 I don't make resolutions just because it is a new year. I'm not sure I'm really a goal setter but from time to time I come up with something I want to accomplish and then I doggedly pursue it. For example, I visited all 50 states by the time I was 35 and I really only started my road travels at 18...maybe 21. I'm not sure if you count visiting colleges as road tripping. But I digress...

I think this year I am going to set a research goal. In the past I have resolved to find all 32 of my 3rd great grandparents, to write brief biographies on each of my direct ancestors (parents, grandparents, great grandparents, and great-great grandparents - all 30), and to travel to ancestral homelands of my most recent immigrant ancestors (Canada is not that far). 

This year I hope to 1. - get to visit the grave sites of all my great grandparents, great great grandparents, and 3rd great grandparents; at least those I have never been to before.

And 2 - to write brief bios for my 3rd great grandparents and perhaps enhance some on my previous bios.

That should keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment