Tuesday, December 27, 2022

52 Ancestors Challenge Week 52: "Looking Ahead" - Will I do this Challenge Again?

This weekly blogging challenge was an excellent exercise. I am glad I did it. It increased my readership, made me examine some records more closely, and helped me to discover more details about the history my ancestors lived through.

Honestly it was a big time commitment though, and I don't know if I will have the stamina to accomplish it every week for the coming year - I mean, I do have a full-time job and several part-time gigs. A girl has to sleep sometime. 

I would like to commit to continuing to write more, though. That is, after all, why I started a blog in the first place. Typically I just write when a random discovery is made AND if I have the time to write. Those two factors don't often intersect and it does take time to just make discoveries. Prior to accepting this challenge my posts were infrequent, at best. Thus, I'd like to set some attainable goal. 

So, I am committing to doing this challenge again in 2023 but as a monthly activity, making additional entries when and if time permits or discoveries arise. 

Thank you, Amy Crow Johnson for the inspiration.

I wish you all a 2023 riddled with family history dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment