Monday, February 1, 2021

Ambitious Goal: 7 Cemeteries, 1 Day

Right now it is snowing like crazy here on Long Island. They say it is going to persist through the whole day well into tomorrow. We'll see. Right now I am day dreaming of warm spring days and trampling through cemeteries.

Queens County, New York is known for many things but the two of the biggest things I would say are its airports and its cemeteries. Airports are closed today. Cemeteries? Well, I ain't going there today.

On my list of cemeteries to visit in order to achieve my goal of visiting all the graves of my great grandparents, great-great grandparents, and 3rd great grandparents there are 5 cemeteries in Queens County and 2 that are in Brooklyn but very very close to the Queens County border. In those 7 cemeteries I have 12 ancestors to visit. Yeah, a lot of my people lived in NY.

So I have this really really ambitious goal of visiting all 7 cemeteries on the same day. I know, I know it sounds crazy and it is but look how close they all are to each other.


This route constitutes just little over an hour of driving time - 1hr and 18 minutes to be precise.

Hey, don't look at me like that. If I get up real early on a nice warm spring day and head out there. I bet I could get them all in. 

At the very least I think it makes sense to try. 

Hey, stop looking at me like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment