Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy Family History Month

October is Family History Month. Every year I try to come up with a project to celebrate Family History Month. In the past I have written biographies on each of my direct ancestors, digitized family photos, started this blog, reached out to cousin to blog for me, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. This year I don't really have a plan but I'm going to try to do something everyday and I will report on what I've done to celebrate this month of family mindfulness.

Today I am going to watch episode 2 of Finding Your Roots that I did not get to see last night. I watch it mostly to see what resources and techniques they use that I can perhaps apply to further my own family research. And tomorrow I'll probably blog about it.

I encourage you to make sometime this month to connect to your own family history whether that takes the form of research into your genealogy, communication with relatives, or just reflection on what it means to be family - - try it.


No comments:

Post a Comment