Thursday, February 22, 2024

Two Uncles, Same Homeroom

The title of the post reveals a lot really, no surprise coming. When I discovered it though, my mind was blown.

I received an Ancestry hint for a "V. Prastaro", my uncle. He was married and subsequently divorced from my maternal aunt. Sadly, both are passed but Uncle Vinny remains in my family tree of course. His wedding to my aunt was the first I ever remember attending. I was little. I think it was the summer before I  started kindergarten, so maybe I was 5.

I followed the Ancestry hint to a yearbook photo and sure enough, there he was - Uncle Vinny in 1975 before he was my uncle. 

While examining the photo though I saw the name "J. Puppelo". Wait a second. That is my step-mother's brother! Another uncle by marriage pictured long before he was my uncle. Uncle Joe has also passed.


It was such a surprise to see them there together in the same yearbook. I had never really given it a thought but they were about the same age and lived in the same town. And yet there they are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment