Monday, February 19, 2024

Lots of Family Happenings

As much as use this blog to share my family history, research methods, and genealogical resources, I also use it as a kind of journal for myself, a journal of family happenings. I just haven't felt up to writing lately.

In November we lost my paternal grandmother to Alzheimer's Disease. She was 94. Her birthday is approaching which is probably what is prompting me to catch up with writing. 

The day after we buried my grandma, my sister gave birth to my first nephew. He was born early and still now at 3 months is so little. Healthy, but tiny. You forget how little those newborn bodies are.

Last month, in January, I traveled to the Philippines with Cousin Kelly and Cousin Pete to celebrate the wedding of Kelly's nephew. It was the first opportunity for Kelly to meet her half-sister in person that we only just discovered existed about 2 1/2 years ago.

So today I share some photos:






No comments:

Post a Comment