Thursday, September 11, 2014

Accepted!!

Today I received word from the genealogist for my local chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution that my application for membership has been accepted. It took me years of research and documentation. I documented 8 generation. No other woman in this line had ever applied for membership.

Generation 1: Me

Generation 2: My mom.

Generation 3: Her dad.

Generation 4: His mother, my great grandmother, Mary Elizabeth “Mayme” Sharp-Gardner.
 
Generation 5: Her father, my great-great grandfather, Daniel Sharp.
 
Generation 6: His mother, my 3rd great grandmother, Ann Moore.

Generation 7: Her mother, my 4th great grandmother, Eleanor Moore.
b. 1767 in Bedford, New Hampshire
d. October 19, 1836 in Kingsey, Quebec, Canada
m. 1784 to William Moore (b. 1763 in Londonderry, NH  - d. July 8, 1817 in Kingsey, Quebec, Canada)

William and Eleanor were first cousins. Willam, was the son of Lt. Colonel Robert Moore. Eleanor was the daughter of Colonel Daniel Moore of Bedford, NH.

Generation 8: Father of Eleanor Moore, Patriot Colonel Daniel Moore.

The DAR has other members who are known descendents of Daniel Moore but I am the first to submit the lineage of ...

Generation 8. Father of William Moore, Patriot Lt. Colonel Robert Moore.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe at some point, when you have time, you could give a brief run-through of the process and/or necessary documentation for anyone else who might be trying to get in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cousin Mary! That's an excellent idea for my next post. After I handle some homework, of course. But yes, I will write up a little bit about the process for applying for membership to this lineage organization as I am sure it is not that much different from any other lineage based society. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete